Friday, November 23, 2007

A New Visitor

Yesterday, Thanksgiving, we had a new visitor at the back door. A small tortoise-shell, looking cold and hungry. Oddly enough I had just opened the door to toss a chunk of turkey fat outside for whatever animal happened to show up and there (s)he was. I don't know if it was a feral, an escapee, or a barn cat, but we set out some cat food and (s)he ate a little before leaving.

It was the first snow of the season that actually covered the ground. A bit late for us since we usually have it in October, but I'll take mild weather when we get it. It did, however, remind us of the things I've been putting off. Draining the pool and pump, putting the motorcycle away, and setting up a warm place on the back porch.

I just hope the little tortoise-shell has a real home. People, PLEASE spay or neuter your pets.

No comments: